Who Can Help
Volunteer as a photographer
You are a photographer and you want to volunteer?
Click the button and fill parts 1 to 5 of the form.
Professional photographers, child placing agencies,
concerned citizens, business people, state agencies and others concerned
about child adoption issues have stepped up to meet the need and
present children waiting for adoption with dignity in artistic fine
Beautiful Heart Gallery portraits capture the children's individuality,
their smile and spirit. These portraits are framed and displayed throughout
the community in different venues. Adoption premieres, galas, and
expos are organized where hundreds of families come to learn about
adoption and view the children's portraits.
Many of the Heart Gallery children have been placed
with loving adoptive families and many other children have been
placed due to the adoption awareness that is spread throughout the
community through Heart Gallery events.
Volunteer and In-Kind for Heart Gallery
To volunteer or make in-kind donations for Heart
Gallery of America ® Inc. events, please go to the Contact
Us page and fill out the form. Some of the volunteer opportunities
- Help locate venues for Heart Gallery of America National events
- Assist in web content development, editing, and maintenance
- Assist in National events and fundraisers
- Promote Heart Gallery nationally
- Locate national celebrity spokepersons
- Marketing strategies to support adoption through Heart Gallery
In Your State
If you would like to volunteer in your state
please go to your state's Heart Gallery page. The contact
information for you to call or email is located there. You can find
your state in the section Heart Galleries By State. Some of the volunteer/in-kind opportunities
include but are not limited to:
- Help organize beauty & barbershop "hair days" prior to the photo shoots
- Website design/developers and maintainers
- Brochure, invitation and other print material designers
- Transport portraits to the different venues
- Assist in setup and tear-down of the portrait displays
- Special Events/Fundraisers
- Host the Heart Gallery portraits at your agency, church,
museum, business, library, airport, City Hall, government
agency or State Capital.
- Help with creating Life Books-These serve as a scrap book/photo
albums that allow children to retain memories of their lives
with their foster parents, foster siblings, etc.
- Other activities as needed